Jurong Island weighs options as land runs out

Date October 2, 2009

Choice between floating facilities, land reclamation to be made soon
Ronnie Lim, Business Times 1 Oct 09;

(SINGAPORE) Jurong Island is running out of land and Singapore will decide early next year on how to augment space at the oil and petrochemicals hub that houses biggies such as ExxonMobil and Shell. One option is to build large floating facilities there to store oil, while further land reclamation is another possibility.

As it is, 75 per cent of the island’s 3,000 hectares has been taken up or reserved by oil and petrochemical investors, a JTC Corporation spokeswoman told BT yesterday, adding that ‘JTC is in discussions with companies for the remaining 25 per cent’.

Read the rest of this entry ยป

Leave a Reply

XHTML: You can use these tags: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <s> <strike> <strong>